Our curriculum has evolved over the years to reflect the most current thinking on kindergarten preparation. What has remained constant is our firm belief that each child is a unique and special individual. We offer each child a rich variety of developmentally appropriate learning experiences that encourage exploration and discovery. We foster a love of learning while providing a nurturing environment.
Through theme-based learning our curriculum focuses on 5 developmental areas:
- Cognitive: Learning through play, crafts, dramatic play and circle time activities. Children acquire skills in language, communication, problem-solving and memory.
- Gross motor: Inside movement activities and outside play help to develop large muscle coordination, balance, and self-awareness.
- Fine motor skills: Various art activities, manipulative play and writing center choices help build and strengthen eye-hand coordination, writing and cutting skills. Our emphasis is on the process rather than the finished products.
- Social and Emotional: building great selfesteem, positive attitudes, and the ability to function in a group as well as form relationships, help to build independence and confidence.
- Sensory: All children have different learning styles. “Hands-on” and messy play provide important experiences in using our senses in an integrated fashion. In addition to our school year program, we also offer exciting summer sessions that include many themes and activities, especially emphasizing outdoor play.
In addition to our school year program, we also offer exciting summer sessions that include many themes and activities, especially emphasizing outdoor play.